Citizenship in Spanish — Interview in Spanish
- Be at least 50 years old and at least 20 years old with your residence card, or
- Be at least 55 years old and at least 15 years old with your residence card, or
- To apply for the short exam (10 questions) - You must be 65 years old and at least 20 years old with your residence card.
Citizenship at 3 years of residence:
People who wish to apply for citizenship after three years of permanent residence must also meet the following requirements in addition to those already mentioned above:
- Be married to an American Citizen
- Have at least 3 years of marriage and live with your husband.
- Your spouse must be at least 3 years of age to have become an American Citizen.
- Victims of Domestic Violence who were married to American Citizens - Slide —Do you have your residence and were a victim of domestic violence? You can also apply for citizenship three years after obtaining permanent residence.
Notice: Medical exception for the English exam and / or civic education.
The client may be eligible for an exception for the English and / or civic education exam if he or she has a physical or developmental disability, a mental impairment that has lasted or is expected to last 12 months or more. If this is the case, Form N-648, Medical Certificate for Disability Exceptions should be consulted.